Monday, February 1, 2010

Gourd and Gourd/Cloth dolls!!!!!


Here is a couple of gourd dolls I made awhile back!!!! The top one is made of all gourds!!!!  The second doll is gourd cloth mix!!!! The bottom part is a warty gourd and when I saw it I knew it had to be a mermaid!!!!!! Gourds make wonderful canvases!!!! For several years I concentrated on gourd dolls!!!!!  Back then I did everything by hand and then slowly I have come back to making cloth dolls, which I did for awhile way back in time.... I am slowly learning to use the sewing machine, as I had never used one......hee hee!!!!!!!  Well my hands were getting tired!!!!! hugs carla

3 comments:

Patty Moore said...

They are really great Carla. Love the way the mermaids tail is what a unique gourd you found for that. Love them both. :o)

Trish

Unknown said...

Hi Carla! I love making things out of objects that were not intended for crafting - I think it always makes them a little more special when you get to use your imagination!

XOXO Jess

Sparky said...

Goodness Carla...I would never have thought of ever making a doll out of gourds...don't they rot? Never heard of this...lol I think I will stick to cloth lol..
blessings ms